These are the things that affect Wi-Fi speeds
Slow Wi-Fi can be down to a single fault or it can be a combination of factors. When we’re investigating Wi-Fi speeds, we will look at:
- What bandwidth do you have available from your provider?
- How old is your Wi-Fi box? (this is called a router)
- Is your router’s software (known as firmware) up-to-date?
- What kind of coverage do you get from that router?
- How does the physical layout of your office or home affect the signal?
- Do you have extenders or access points to cover a larger area?
- How is your Wi-Fi setup? Is it optimised so different channels aren’t fighting each other? Are you using up-to-date standards that all your devices can access?
- Is there any interference from other technology?
- How many devices are using it, and what for?
- How old are the devices connected to Wi-Fi?